Modifying antenna array template

I’m looking into adding some “arms” to it… to extend out to the length for “decent” VHF resolution. Something that can be put on and removed easily.

There is enough room to bolt 5 of them on and extend them out to 55+ cm without them hanging out too far of the sides of the vehicle. I’d like to go to the 80+ cm but that would be impractical.

I will have to run another set of coaxes to the ends of the arms. Either a whole new balanced set back directly to the Kraken, or maybe making 5 balanced “extension” ones about 10" long that would screw into where the UHF antennas go now. I’m not sure if that would mess with the phasing though.

I guess I can try it and see!

The other thing I’ve been throwing around is using a 48" x 48" piece of aluminum, instead of the 30" stop sign. I could put 2 sets or holes in that… one for UHF and one for VHF. Attach with the same or more magnets.

2 Likes

Ill try to zoom in to read the dimensions. I assume you measured with something other than yard sticks. this is really amazing. Could you share your dimensions? I want to check my calculations with the spread sheet. I am missing something and my numbers are off. thank you. Kf7gd

HI i want to DF CB radio frequency … is it possible on Kraken… is there any software can calculate it?
i want it exclusively on CB frequencies… the plan is its gonna be added on my backyard with a pole tower so i dont mind the bulkiness of it… is anyone tried it?

Note that it’s not a single antenna that fits on a pole, it’s five antennas in a circle.

If you have the space for a big enough antenna array, CB is possible. Just know you’re looking at 190cm radius at the low resolution end, to 472cm radius at the high resolution end.

Just use our Excel sheet in the QSG for calculating array sizing

1 Like