Kraken App on Raspberry Pi

I have been using KrakenSDR for some time, its awesome. I am not an expert but for educational purposes want try different approach, with using DF setup without android phone. 
     My goal is to use two raspberry Pi pc's. First raspberry has to be running kraken server and receiving GNSS with external USB receiver, second has to be with android OS with magnetometer and Kraken app. Would it be possible?

You can install LineageOS on a Raspberry Pi. You have to add the Play store to get the Kraken App. I’ve done it but haven’t DFed with it. The app can be hard to control with a mouse. Dragging to move around the map will cause your view to change more than intended.

1 Like

Yes, any Android device with GNSS sensors should work just fine, even Rpi running Android. Of course as zkrak mentioned, the app is designed for a touchscreen.

1 Like

Regarding this OS on PI, i have problem, that i cant set static Lan IP. I don’t want to use wifi to connect pi with app with server. Any suggestions?

That might be something to ask on the Raspbian forums as it’s more to do with Linux networking than the Kraken itself. Without researching it I’m not sure how to set it up in the way you want.

1 Like