FHSS with KrakenSDR

Hi,

I am having problem with DF in Frequency hopping spread spectrum signal. Any configuration I need to change in KrakenSdr software? The transmitter is a 900Mhz FHSS. Frequency keeps on changing. For fixed frequency, KrakenSdr is working OK.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What is the dwell time of the FHSS signal?

Thanks for your reply.
We are using RFD900 Modem http://files.rfdesign.com.au/Files/documents/RFD900x%20DataSheet%20V1.1.pdf.

No of Channels 21, Duty Cycle 100.

When I try DF with KrakenSDR, it gives random directions.

What is your power output on the transmitter?
How far from the transmitter is the KrakenSDR?
Are you testing this indoors or outdoors?

You’ll need to set up multiple monitoring channels for all the frequencies the signal hops to. But it is not possible to track hopping signals beyond the 2.4 MHz bandwidth of the KrakenSDR.

Hi, Sorry for my late reply.

What is your power output on the transmitter?
1watt.
How far from the transmitter is the KrakenSDR?
10 meters.
Are you testing this indoors or outdoors?
Indoors.
You’ll need to set up multiple monitoring channels for all the frequencies the signal hops to. But it is not possible to track hopping signals beyond the 2.4 MHz bandwidth of the KrakenSDR.
What about an unknown frequency transmitter with frequency hopping like rouge drones. How can we find it’s direction using Kraken DF?

If it just transmits on one channel at a time, within the 2.4 MHz bandwidth, then you can turn on “VFO-0 Auto Max” under VFO Mode. At then it will auto select the strongest signal in the spectrum. Of course if there are other signals that you do not want it will be a problem.

Thanks. Got it working by following your directions. Thank you kraken Team! Much appreciated

1 Like