Cloud mapper and antenna feedline question

Really enjoying the RDF. Using it for a variety of purposes (public safety jamming and various interference issues). Have a few questions:

1. Is the cloud mapper tool made to utilize while in the field during DF or mainly after the fact for data review? I currently run one screen with the GUI and the other being the android app.

2. Anyone made any updates on the feedline? I’m finding it a bit too short sometimes. Looks like a tough balance between loss and flexibility. Was considering LMR240UF, but curious if anyone has experimented? I assume there is a VF/length input somewhere?

This forum has excellent info. Continuing to read all the inputs.

Matt
NC

1. Is the cloud mapper tool made to utilize while in the field during DF or mainly after the fact for data review? I currently run one screen with the GUI and the other being the android app.

It’s for both. Most use cases will see it used for visualizing live data, but we also recently added the history feature, which allows you to go and review previous time frames. You can also upload a data log file from the Kraken WebGUI or Android App for offline review.

1. Anyone made any updates on the feedline? I’m finding it a bit too short sometimes. Looks like a tough balance between loss and flexibility. Was considering LMR240UF, but curious if anyone has experimented? I assume there is a VF/length input somewhere?

You can use any lower loss or longer feedline that you like, but it’s quite important that you try to get the cables the same length to within 1cm, especially if you are operating in the UHF frequencies.